PADI Skin Diving (Snorkeling)
Skin diving is snorkelling while making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination.
To enroll in a PADI Skin Diver course, you must be at least 8 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience is required.
What to expect:
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you about:
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkelling and skin diving techniques include checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel, and performing effortless surface dives.
- Going on an optional skin dive at a local dive site.
- All required equipment for the duration of the course
- Knowledge Development session
- Confined Water session and/or Open Water session
- PADI registration fee
- Project Aware briefing
- Light Lunch
- Minimum 8 years of age.
- Parents are to complete and sign the medical statement and liability waiver & release.
- Full payment is required before the commencement of the course.