Madagascar is a perfect diving destination to explore lively coral reefs and experience a land of biological and cultural richness. A rounded holiday of excitement both in and out of the ocean. This trip caters for new and experienced divers.
Price: From R 35 450 pp sharing
Sakatia Lodge is located on Nosy Sakatia, a small island west of Nosy Be, Madagascar. A beautiful retreat away from more touristic areas, the lodge boasts gorgeous beaches, friendly wild lemurs, chameleons and a sense of true detachment. Several cosy bungalows are hidden in the hand-crafted gardens and delicious meals will surprise the most demanding palates. Snorkelling and scuba diving are unforgettable. Nosy Sakatia has a newly established turtle-protected zone, right in front of the lodge.
Optional Diving Extras:
Day 1 Depart Johannesburg on your Airlink flight to Nosy Be.
On arrival, it is approximately a 45 min road transfer and then a 15 min boat transfer to Sakatia Lodge.
Day 2 – 7 Spend your days at leisure and enjoy an 8 dives package. More dives can be arranged.
Day 7 Check out and transfer to the airport for your flight to South Africa.
Laka Tsara – Sakatia Lodge Boat Trips
• Nosy Fanihy boat trip (4 pax min). Price per person R1330
• Nosy Antsoha and Iranja boat trip (4 pax min). Price per person R1425
Children up to 12 years old get a 50% discount. All prices include park fees where applicable. Lunch and drinks are not included.
Laka Tsara – Fishing Trips
• Fishing Half Day for the whole boat incl. gear (7 am to 1 pm) max 4 pax R8550
• Fishing Full Day for the whole boat incl. gear (7 am to 4 pm) max 4 pax R13300
4x MANGO BUNGALOWS (SLEEPS 2) DBL/TWN
Situated in the beautiful garden and right next to the mango tree that the lemurs like, you will get close to nature. These comfortable bungalows have a small private veranda and are available as either a double or twin – perfect for couples or friends.
- Ravinala Bangalow: R2660 pp sharing (SLEEPS 2 DBL/TWN)
- Madiro Bangalow: R300 pp sharing (4 PAX - Family unit)
- Villa Ranomasy: R1220 pp sharing (6 PAX - 3 Bedrooms DBL/TWN or Family)
Diving around Nosy Be and Nosy Sakatia offers you a diverse range of dive sites and underwater topography. Their reefs are some of the healthiest on the planet and the 30+ dive sites give you the chance to dive underwater pinnacles, coral garden plateaux, reef walls as well as muck and sponge gardens.
• Seahorses and pipe fish
• Reef sharks, guitar sharks and different types of rays
• Nudibranchs, flatworms and sea slugs
• Peacock and spearing mantis shrimp
• Schooling snappers and barracuda
• Crocodile fish and turtles
• Sea moths
• Unusual creatures on night dives and fluoro dives
• Whale sharks, humpback whales and dolphins on surface intervals and underwater
A walk around the island gives you a real feel for local life and the untouched beauty of Nosy Sakatia. As an island without roads, exploring on foot is an ideal way to visit the viewpoints and beaches. Join a local guide to explore, knowing that you’re supporting the local community too. You can take a short walk to explore village life or a long walk to see the spectacular views.
You can also explore the island by boat. Grab some complimentary snorkelling equipment and see the island from the sea – both above and below the water. You can travel in a traditional wooden pirogue or a larger, modern boat, but whichever you choose, it’s a fantastic way to see Nosy Sakatia.
The massage centre Zebu Zen is tucked away in a quiet corner of the lodge offering you a serene experience. Experienced masseurs are local to the island, so you’re helping support the community.
Lokobe Nature Reserve
Situated on Nosy Be, this national park has three different circuits to explore, taking an average of 1.5hrs to 3 hrs to complete. The park is an area of prime forest and is home to 376 species of animals, including 11 species of lemurs. It’s a great place to see some of the amazing wildlife of Madagascar.